I was listening to The Model Health Show podcast episode 209 this morning on my run. One of my favorite virtual mentors, Michael Hyatt, was on the show being interviewed about productivity, focus, priorities, time-management and more.
I loved this episode and all the great info Michael shared! I definitely recommend a listen.
All these topics are at the forefront of my mind right now because I’m creating a new group coaching program around these very subjects.
Nuggets from the show:
* Productivity is not about managing time but about managing energy.
* It’s not about getting more done. It’s about getting the right things done.
* It’s not about efficiency but about effectiveness.
* Work, health and relationships are all interrelated and all matter to consider together.
* Every time we say yes to something, we’re saying no to something else. Every time we say no to something, we’re saying yes to something else.
* To do your best work, you have to have a rhythm of rest and work – ebb and flow back and forth.
* What gets scheduled gets done.
* Create hard boundaries around your time.
* Work expands to the time allotted to it.
* Use activation triggers to establish routines and habits.
* I “have” to v. I “get” to.
* Why do we want productivity? For freedom. Productivity is a means to an end, not an end in itself.
Do any of these nuggets resonate with you? Are these areas where you could use help?
If the answer is yes for yourself or someone you know, consider my new upcoming group coaching program.
I’ll be sharing more details over the next few days and weeks.
I’m aiming to have the first round start on March 27, 2017, just less than two weeks.
If you’re interested in getting some free coaching now, schedule a mini-coaching session here.